Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NOV. 4th, 2008. A DAY IN HISTORY!

Today has been a great day.

It started off sort of slow, but escalated to greatness.

After Spanish class, we watched both candidates speeches (woo Obama!), and then proceeded to downtown to join the rally!

We luckily found a drum circle group who was walking up and down Broadway and joined them with our pots and pans, contributing to the music. After watching 10 or so blocks, we ended up at Pioneer Courthouse Square and my friends and I became the center of the party (after the drum circle left)!! I wish I had photos. I started a conga line, a jump, pot banging, etc. We got the crowd riled up!!! It was pretty darn amazing, and I was able to celebrate with some awesome friends. I can't imagine this sort of event happening anywhere else, but I'm sure it's happening everywhere in the USA!

- http://news.opb.org/article/3460-obama-supporters-celebrate-downtown-portland/

the link to our fiesta!! I'm on the bottom left.

here's a photo so you don't have to look it up if you don't want to read the article:

1 comment:

DK said...

omg! that's you!